British EV charging and smart energy technology experts Indra has released its new Smart LUX EV home charger – promising unparalleled smart charging capabilities and improved efficiency.
The new, compact charger is available in four colours and has a unique light sequence which allows users to quickly establish its status.
The Smart LUX has a profile of just 78mm, making it ideal for those wanting a minimalistic home aesthetic or limited access locations. It’s also available with either a 6m or 10m tethered charging cable, upping its flexibility.
Aimed at improving accessibility and giving users savings on their energy bills, the charger can be easily integrated with the cheapest and greenest tariffs – with potentially up to £830 annual savings compared with other home charger brands and £2,500 when compared with the cost of fuelling a petrol vehicle.
The Smart LUX boasts impressive technology, such as class-leading IK10 impact rating, IP67 water and dust certified protection and 7.4kWh charge speed – underlined by Indra’s advanced PESTs (PEN fault, Earthing, Simultaneous Contact and Touch Voltage Protection) technology.
In addition, the charger is solar PV ready, meaning you can charge your EV with solar panels on your house up to the maximum charge speed depending on your solar PV setup.
Indra Smart LUX review
The Indra Smart LUX is a fantastic charger perfectly designed to fit in modern homes and parking spaces. Despite its small scale, it packs a plethora of great features; first and foremost a unique lighting feature that provides a status update at a glance. Durable and tough, it comes with a reassuring 5 year warranty.
It features a built-in charger cable, so you don’t have to worry about bulky wires. Its solar mode allows you to charge from the power of the sun, and its PESTs technology helps to legalise charging when other brands won’t.
Installation is hassle-free and easy thanks to a network of approved installers and a brilliant app that allows for cost effective charging and setting up regular charging schedules.
The charger is slim yet incredibly powerful and durable. The innovative and stylish lighting feature makes it an intuitive and user-friendly option, and its 5 year warranty is reassuring.
The app is easy to use and allows you to manage charging remotely. Overall, the Indra Smart LUX is one of the best additions to the charger market in 2023.
Indra Smart LUX facts
- The charger has overall dimensions of 201mm x 306mm x 78mm (WxHxD), weighing in at 3.6kg with the 6m cable and 4.7kg with the 10m cable.
- It has an operating temperature range of -20°C to 50°C and a storage temperature range of -20°C to 50°C, with an operating humidity of 10% – 80%.
- The user interface consists of a membrane panel and the Indra App.
- It is garage and outdoor wall-mounted and comes with a 6m or 10m charging cable.
- It has Ethernet, WiFi, and 4G communications.
- It is rated IP67, impact rating IK10, has 6mA DC leakage detection, has a maximum output power of 7.4kW (single phase), an input voltage of 230V, AC ± 10% (single phase), and an output current of 6A-32A variable at a nominal frequency of 50Hz and a standby consumption of 5W.
- It is CE Marked & UKCA and complies with The Electric Vehicles (Smart Charge Points) Regulations 2021, BS EN 50581, BS EN 60529, BS EN 61010-1, BS EN 61851-1, IEC 61851-21-2, IEC 61851-22, BS 7671, BS 7671 Amendment 2, and G100.
You can find out more about the Smart LUX here.