Green Cell GC Type 2 Charging Cable
This durable Type 2 5m cable is crush-proof and weather resistant, delivering up to 7.2kW of power. It’s compatible with all Type 2 EVs including BMW, Nissan, VW, and Tesla and has over 2,000 positive reviews on Amazon. A snip at just over £100!
The Green Cell GC Type 2 charging cable is a must-have accessory for any electric vehicle owner looking to maximise their charging speed.
With a power output of 7.2kW and 32A of current, this cable allows you to take full advantage of public AC charging stations and home wall boxes.
- Wide compatibility – Works with all EVs and PHEVs that have a Type 2 charging inlet, including models from BMW, Nissan, Renault, Volkswagen, and more.
- Faster charging – 7.2kW power output delivers up to 32A, reducing charge times by hours compared to lower-powered cables.
- Durable construction – Reinforced design can withstand up to 2 tons of pressure, making it highly durable and crush-resistant. Also boasts IP55 weatherproofing.
- Flexible handling – At 5 metres long, the lightweight cable is easy to manoeuvre and won’t get tangled.
- Safe charging – Built-in auto-resetting circuit breaker provides overload protection for safety, giving you peace of mind.
In testing, the Green Cell cable allowed us to take full advantage of public 22kW AC charging points, delivering an estimated 30 miles of range per hour of charging to compatible EVs.
For context, using a standard 3.6kW cable halves the charging speed to just 15 miles of range added per hour.
The increased amperage also makes a big impact for home charging. When using a high-power home wall box, we see charge times reduced by 1-2 hours compared to lower amperage alternatives.
The Green Cell cable is designed with safety as a top priority with an auto-resetting circuit breaker that provides overload protection.
The cable meets IP55 standards for being waterproof and dustproof, so you can use it outdoors without worry. It is also reinforced to withstand up to 2 tons of pressure and the Type 2 connector follows IEC 62196-2 specifications for safe, secure charging.
The Green Cell GC cable is cheaper than the VORSPRUNG at just over £100 versus £180, but the VORSPRUNG doubles the length to 10m.
With its thick, durable casing and ample length, the Green Cell GC Type 2 cable is built to last and designed to charge. For EV owners frustrated by slow charging, this accessory provides a straightforward path to faster charging at home and on the go. It’s a worthy investment for any electric driver who values their time.
Check out our best EV charging cables article for more ideas.